The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top agricultural fairs in North America. Every year more than 1.5 million patrons visit and enjoy this annual tradition over the course of 18 days.
Among its numerous initiatives the CNE manages a corporate program, where approved businesses receive a promotional rate for the purchase of admission passes.
Dattivo was asked to re-engineer an existing Access application to streamline the management and administration of the program.
We built a web application integrated with their existing ticketing management system, so that the corporate program could be managed from the same platform than their other admission-related operations. The system has both internal admin-facing and customer-facing components.
CNE staff can now manage and track corporate clients’ applications and orders from a self-managed portal, while corporate clients are able to monitor their orders from a single location. In addition, unique promo codes can be generated and emailed with the click of a button.
- Portal for the management of corporate clients and their orders
- Integration with existing internal ticketing management solution
- Re-engineering of existing Access application
- Streamlined application management of corporate program
- Centralized corporate clients’ information
- Provided businesses with visibility into their own corporate orders for the current and previous years
“ It’s an interesting shift. It’s not just putting data down — it’s learning how to utilize that data, how to synthesize it, how to look for the right things to make smarter clinical decisions. “
Kevin P. Brown
Partner & Software Engineer